iCollect is committed to helping users safely buy, sell and trade with one another in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and our policies. If you see suspicious or questionable contents on the site, please use our Report abuse link to inform us about any problems. We can use technical and legal options to remove the offending content and/or ban the offending users from iCollect.
- Keyword Stuffing – You may not include lists of unrelated keywords in your listing for the purpose of matching against unrelated search queries.
- Affiliate Linking – You may not post listings where the main objective is directing users to a website monetized by affiliate programs.
- Repeated Posting – You may not post multiple listings where the content is substantially similar to existing listings. This includes posting the same ad to multiple city/places.
- Managed Apartment Rentals – We currently restrict professionally owned or managed rental properties from being listed. This content is exclusively provided by our partners. Managers can Contact Us to have your listings added to our Site.
Communication Between Buyers and Sellers
To protect buyers and sellers, iCollect sometimes monitors email communication between users and the system automatically alerts us when fraud is detected. This system works well and users are not allowed to bypass it. Furthermore, we have the following rules:
- Email addresses that are included in listing content or in listing title are automatically removed. Attempts to circumvent this safety feature are prohibited.
- Phone numbers that are included in listing content or in listing title are automatically removed. Attempts to circumvent this safety feature are prohibited
- Listings with images that contain any type of contact information are prohibited.
- Listing with links to external lead-generation forms are prohibited.
Items that are specifically prohibited on iCollect:
- Material that infringes copyrights, trademarks or other third party rights.
- Misrepresentations and counterfeit or fraudulent items.
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
- Animals, plants and insects that are regulated or prohibited for sale under applicable laws.
- Blood, bodily fluids and body parts.
- Services that are illegal including without limitation prostitution.
- Embargoed goods.
- Items designed to be used to commit a crime, including but not limited to: burglary tools, false identification and items used to manufacture illegal explosives or controlled substances.
- Material that contains obscene material, child pornography or is harmful to minors.
- Prescription drugs, medical devices, controlled substances, illegal drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading claims that might require FDA approval.
- Services or merchandise that promote hatred and violence against specific groups of people.
- Services or merchandise that promote Penny Auctions.
- Stocks and other securities.
- Stolen goods or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Weapons (including but not limited to firearms, martial arts weapons, silencers, ammunition, disguised or switchblade knives, BB guns, stun guns, paintball guns, or tear gas) and weapons parts.
- Items containing hazardous substances or pesticides.
- Traditional drop-side rail cribs described here.
- Items that restrict transfer (such as tickets or coupons) and items you are not authorized to sell.
- Items that promote multilevel marketing schemes
- Items used to solicit email addresses for use in spammy or unrelated marketing programs
- Content that can intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law, including the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
We occasionally request permission to access some data, including requiring users to Facebook connect, in order to verify the validity of an account. Rejecting or circumventing the request may lead to iCollect account deactivation.
Thank you for your cooperation.